- Last Updated: Wednesday, 27 September 2017 01:52
About the Service
This service is offered by FMC Mediation and Counselling Victoria and is available at our Centre in Greensborough - Shop 378a, Level 3, 25 Main Street, Greensborough Plaza, Greensborough 3088. The Financial Capability program is a free, independent and confidential service funded by the Commonwealth Government. The program has been developed by FMC to provide personal support to people recovering from financial difficulty, and acts as a referral point for people to access entitlements to make managing tough times easier. The program is supported by specially trained Financial Capability Officers.
The Financial Capability Officer assists by:
- Assessing your income and advising on entitlements, grants and concessions that may increase income and assist to pay or reduce.
- Provide information on schemes that assist people on low income pay their bills in manageable ways.
- Provide information on the availability of affordable loans and services to purchase necessary appliances.
- Refer people on Centrelink benefits to access housing support funds and Emergency Relief in need.
An appointment is necessary to access this service. Please contact FMC Consumer Support Service on 1800 639 523.
Please note: This is not a money lending service