- Last Updated: Tuesday, 02 August 2016 12:13
DVCS was established over forty years ago as the Diamond Valley/Eltham Citizens Advice Bureau. A group of local residents saw the need for a high quality community based and managed organisation to meet the information and support needs of residents in their local community.
Over the years DVCS has grown into an organisation that provides a wide range of information services to a diverse range of individuals, groups and organisations within the municipalities of Banyule, Nillumbik and Whittlesea.
Last year DVCS provided information to over 15,000 individuals.
As an enhancement to a core service of information provision, DVCS collaborates with a wide range of professionals and local community organisations to offer a range of ancillary services delivered from its high profile shop front location in the Greensborough Plaza.
There are advantages for you and your organisation to consider joining as a member. Some of these include:
- The opportunity of being involved in the planning and development of a vital LOCAL community service.
- Your membership fee directly supports the financial management of the service.
- Eligibility for advice and support for your information management needs.
- Receipt of the DVCS annual report and voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
- You will also receive a certificate that advertises to your staff, customers and clients, your support of a vital LOCAL organisation.
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held in September or October and we welcome nominees for positions on the Committee of Management and the Op Shop Committee.
If you would like to receive more information about this offer contact the Executive Officer on (03) 9435 8282.