- Last Updated: Sunday, 31 July 2016 11:25
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
- Information collected:
- Use and disclosure of information;
- Accessing and updating information;
- Security; and
- Contact details
DVCS complies with the Information Privacy Principles set out in Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) and any other applicable laws to protect your privacy.
We only collect personal information that is necessary for our functions and activities. We will not collect personal information in an unfair, unlawful or unreasonably intrusive manner.
Generally, we try to collect personal information directly from individuals, however there are certain situations in which we may collect personal information about individuals from someone else. In either case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is aware of the purposes for which the information is collected.
If we are not provided with personal information requested, we may not be able to fully carry out our functions and activities.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We will use or disclose personal information which we collect:
- in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles;
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure; or
- for the main purpose(s) for which we collect it, or for related purposes which you would reasonably expect, which may include:
- Subject to the Information Privacy act 2000 (Vic), to provide you with information relating to DVCS or details about our services that may be of interest to you, unless you have previously advised us that you do not wish to be contacted for those purposes;
- Purposes related to DVCS including research, planning, service development, security, testing, and risk management;
- To assist DVCS in planning and delivering services; and
- Where a third party acquires, or wishes to acquire, an interest in DVCS.
We may provide the information we collect to third parties, only with your consent to do so. The type of third parties to whom we usually disclose that personal information may include:
- Other individuals who assist us in delivering our services;
- Other service providers who assist us in running various aspects of our business, for example Internet and technology service providers, communications and media companies, professional advisors and our auditors, mail houses and delivery companies; and
- Organisations with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (and any agents used in administering such arrangements).
We may otherwise use or disclose personal information where required or authorised by law, which may include emergency situations and assisting in law enforcement.
Accessing and updating information
If an individual wishes to request to or to correct any personal information we hold about them, they may contact us using the 'Contact Details' set out below. Individuals should provide as much detail as possible about the particular information sought, in order to help us retrieve it. In certain circumstances, we may not be required by law to allow access to or correction of personal information. If that is the case, we will provide our reasons for that decision.
We will always take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal informational we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We always take reasonable steps to protect all of the personal information we hold from misuse and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or you wish to make a complaint about the way in which we handled your personal information, please contact us as set out below:
Diamond Valley Community Support Inc.
Shop 378a - Level 3
Tel: 03 9435 8282/9435 5440
Fax: (03) 9432 4147